We are almost finishing our year and it is the perfect time to visit old friends and also do some networking.
Here are some top tips to successfully navigate networking:
- Talk with former colleagues to explore how jobs in your profession have changed and brush up on trending industry topics
- Attend professional “meet-ups” where you can network with people in your industry that share your professional interests
- Ask for informational interviews with people in your target field to learn about the roles and key competencies organizations are looking for in their new hires
- Follow the 2:1 Rule by asking 2 questions for every 1 value point you share
- Follow up with those you’ve met with a invite on LinkedIn, an email or a text to show your interest in continuing the conversation